We are proud to announce the acquisition of a selection of impressive paintings by the accomplished illustrator Abe Birnbaum (1899-1966), whose charming and colorful work, reflective of the times, adorned the covers of the New Yorker magazine for decades, capturing the mood of the moment in the lives of the upper and middle classes in the tradition of Ludwig Bemelmans.
- September 2020 Update: New Newsletter and Enhanced Research Department
- Colliers, SEP, Liberty and The Prosaic Leslie Thrasher
- The Illustrated Gallery has Published a Book!
- New Leslie Thrasher POST Cover!
- Summer & Beach Themed Illustrations!
- Shows & Events!
- ‘The Girls of Canby Hall’ Cover Illustrations
- A Note on Restoration from Jordan Berman
- Abe Birnbaum (1899-1966)
- George Wachsteter (1911-2004)